Greetings to our AFCC family, and honouring all Mums this weekend!
LEARNING GOD’S TRUTH – LOVING GOD’S CHILDREN – LEAVING GOD’S LEGACY
I believe God’s challenge on this Mother’s Day is to ensure we “leave a legacy” to the next generation.
We are all called to pass on the baton of our faith to the next generation. Let’s take on this challenge which will help ensure our children and grandchildren know and love God. The Andrews Farm Community Church’s vision is to see ‘communities transformed through the love, life and hope of Jesus’ – together with other Christian churches let’s do our best to see this happen!
During our 4.00pm Online Community Gathering this Sunday, 10th May we will hear Souky Mudaly and Ewa Lockyer share from their hearts about motherhood along with some other special features! You can join our Facebook Livestream on this AFCC Mother’s Day online direct link.
A special Mother’s Day Kids Church has been prepared by Maxine & Erma. Our Kids Online page is https://afcc.church/online/ for additional activities. Contact Maxine for more information about the Thursday Kids Church Zoom
Click here to view our previous AFCC Community Gatherings on YouTube
OPPORTUNITIES TO PRAY TOGETHER…
Prayer for all Nations – Noon for 30 minutes Monday–Friday: https://zoom.us/j/6470790144 – Meeting ID: 647 079 0144
AFCC Tuesday Prayer Times-12.30-1.30pm online– https://zoom.us/j/6470790144 – Meeting ID: 647 079 0144 Everyone is invited to join us for this hour of prayer together!
Bless the North with Prayer every Thursday, 8.00am at Hillbank with Mike & Gary – https://zoom.us/j/6470790144 – Meeting ID: 647 079 0144
LIFE GROUP INVITATION
Roger & Bev Smith would like to invite others to join with them in their weekly Online Life Group meeting via Zoom each Wednesday evening. The link to join is Zoom ID 236 103 2309 and the scheduled start is 7:30pm, and usually goes for around 90 minutes. You can email Roger& Bev with any questions
During this past week a great team from our church family have begun renovating the Crafter Street buildings. The existing stage has been dismantled and moved, which will give us more seating capacity. ‘Insect bombs’ were placed in both buildings in preparation for the clean-up process. Everyone is invited to help tomorrow morning (9.00 – 12.30pm, Saturday 9th May) if they are available, see Wednesday’s email for more information. Gary Baker and Mark Mostert are overseeing the renovation project if you would like to help or have any questions.
- We have cancelled the Half Yearly Meeting usually held in May, and will publish an Interim Report to our church instead.
- We will monitor the social gathering restrictions, and if the renovations are not sufficiently complete on our buildings we will initially meet at St Columba (at 10.00am) when we are allowed to have physical worship services.
- A number of our people have been doing their Child Protection Update Sessions on Zoom with Carl Collins these past weeks. We continue to ensure Andrews Farm Community Church is a safe place for children.
- We have begun a new AFCC Building Fund to be used for the renovation project. If you would like to contribute please transfer funds to our usual account marking it ‘Building Fund’. (Account Name: Andrews Farm Comm Ch Inc BSB: 704922 Account Number: 100016576
- We are grateful a number of people have made generous donations to our recently established AFCC Care Fund, which has been used to bless and help those struggling through this crisis. If you would like to contribute use the same details as above, but label the donation ‘Care Fund.’
- We are also very grateful that our regular Tithes & Offerings have only been slightly down from our usual levels. If you would like to discuss how you could make cash donation offerings please contact our Treasurer Phillip Smoult on email@example.com
PEOPLE & PRAYER
Please pray for Gary Baker who had day surgery on his leg on Thursday. We pray for fast healing and recovery and God’s help for the family during this time.
We praise God the Petherton Road house we previously used has been taken by a contact from Gavin & Souky’s family who were in urgent need of accommodation. We pray God’s blessings on them at this time.
We continue to pray for the contact families we have met through Pathways Community Centre, that they will be opened to the Gospel through God’s love shown to them.
Pray that the renovations at Crafter Street will go smoothly with no injuries or hold ups. Pray that we will build good relationships with the other groups on the site. We praise God there is an African Church meeting just near our building!
From the Australian Prayer Network…
We invite all of our members to continue to pray for our people as the Corona 19 pandemic continues to impact our nation and the nations of the world. This week let us pray:
* that those in isolation, experiencing fear, anxiety or depression would turn to a loving God and be comforted and protected.
* for our health workers that they would be protected and sustained throughout this pandemic
* giving thanks that the spirit of fear and panic that was evident early on in our nation has been brought under control. Give thanks for the many and varied expressions of community that have sprung up across the nation as people turn towards thinking of others rather than just themselves.
* For the National Cabinet and the medical and economic advisory bodies that guide them, as they allocate the necessary resources for combatting this pandemic and for restoring the economy of our nation on the way out of this crisis. Give thanks for the many victories already won and for those still to come.
* For our scientific community, leading the charge to understand the disease and communicate its gravity: Pray that God would give them knowledge, wisdom, and a persuasive voice.
* For the media, committed to providing up-to-date information: God, help them to communicate with openness and integrity leaving aside the political ideology that brings confusion and stops the advance to recovery.
In Christ’s love
Lindsay & Erma
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27